Saturday, July 5, 2008

Back To Bonny Island

I returned to Bonny Island yesterday after spending ten days in Lagos.

My mission to Lagos was for the press launch of my new book "Bye, Bye Mugabe". But after I discovered more than 21 typographical errors in the text, I rejected the book and scolded the editor Josephine Dee for her professional imcompetence.
Last Sunday, she came to where I was staying with the publisher of my romantic book, "The Language of True Love", and she came with the General Overseer of her church, two pastors and a younger woman I have known for decades to explain what went wrong. She was in tears, because she said I was insulting her. We made peace and she accepted to re-edit the book and accept the liability of the printed copies.

Professional incompetence is common in Nigeria.

4 comments:

  1. Professional incompetence. lol :)

    Nice blog. The book sounds wonderful. I will have to look for it when it releases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephen.

    The book will be re-published and released soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this time around your publisher will get it right.I know a lot of your teeming fans can't wait to read this master piece.Welcome back to Bonny.I missed your postings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Austyn.

    I was very busy to enjoy visiting and reading blogs.

    Bonny Island is not peaceful, because the militants and Nigerian Armed Forces are engaged in gun battles.

    Seee the report on Nigerian Times.

    ReplyDelete